Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sarah H. #4 - More Bowls

 These bowls by Kristen Kieffer were the first to catch my eye and they did so immediately. I love every aspect of them. The colors are so rich and vibrant, but still earthy. The designs along the outside, which seem to be Eastern inspired are beautiful in the way they repeat. The curved lines play well with the somewhat angular form of the bowls. The shape of the bowls is unique and interesting, I like the angle of the feet as well.
 While this bowl is much more simple, that hardly makes it less interesting. The small little foot holding up that moderately sized bowl is a great contrast. I also love the finish on this bowl, it looks charred, or like hardened lava.
 I liked this bowl because of it's cylindrical shape and somewhat "wonky" lip and figure. It seems slightly primitive but so sophisticated at the same time.
This bowl is beautiful. The texture-like effect of the finish on the sides of the bowl is lovely and I like how there is a slight impression as it comes up from the sides to the lip. It's a simple detail but it gives so much dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment