Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blog # 4 more bowls

This bowl right here really caught my eye because it is similar in shape to the bowls that I can create.  This tea bowl is very appealing to me and I enjoy the tone that its color gives off. The foot on the bottom is very small and the style I prefer seeing.
This bowl caught my eye because it is different.  I enjoyed reading about this bowl and how it was hand built rather than thrown on the wheel.  It is nice to think about individuals using the same methods that are taught today.
These bowls are so modern and up-to-date.  I like how they are abstract in there own ways and yet  so refined in the details they posses.  The colors jump out to me because they look somewhat back- in -the day color range, but are so popular in todays setting.
These stacking bowls by far are one of my favorites.  I love how they are stamped on the side and go together yet have there own distinct attributes to the set.  Great warm colors were used.

No comments:

Post a Comment