Sunday, April 7, 2013

Blog II







 
I like this bowl because of the vibrant colors and mythological references. I am fascinated by ancient Greek and Roman mythology, and the figures represented here are interesting. I also admire the general shape and smoothness of the bowl. The foot of the bowl is a few inches away from the bottom, which raises the bowl and is pleasing to the eye. I thought it was odd that this beautiful piece was used in childbirth, if I understood correctly.

These bowls stuck out to me in large part because of their faded, pastel coloring. I think these colors would look great in a kitchen (I enjoy baking). The lightness gives a sense of openness and cleanliness to the bowls, and the feet are lovely. The wide lips add balance to the feet.



Deborah Schwartzkopf: Pouring Bowls
The curved shape has fine lines which makes the bowls appear delicate at the spout, but strong throughout. These are described as, "pouring bowls" and would make excellent gravy boats, I'd imagine. I appreciate the splashes of yellow.





I love the glaze. These bowls emanate a very smooth finish, creating a polished look. I also like the shape and size. I do not know what the beige rectangles with three holes are supposed to represent, and they are my least favorite part of this set. I feel that the black and white stripes would look best if not broken up by the other shape, but then again, it does add a sense of originality.

~ Ariella Hillger



No comments:

Post a Comment