Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blog 2


The first historical bowls that I liked is the pair of low-footed bowls with busts of Ruggieri and Filomena. I liked the colors used to decorate the bowls with very simple yet regal colors with the yellow and blue. The side portrait of the heroes on these bowls does remain me of side portraits of heroes/important people on the side of coins and/or medals.



The second historical set of bowls that I liked is the Monochrome bowls. I liked the simplicity look of it – each has a nice earth tone color and basic outer rim, shape, and size. I can’t believe how durable these bowls are, lasting since the early first century A.D.



The first contemporary set of bowls that I really liked is the Andy Shaw ceramic bowls. Just like the Monochrome bowls, I liked how simple and classic looking it is – the circular shape and white smooth surface on the inside and on rim. Also, the simple decor on the outside added a nice touch to the pieces.



The second contemporary bowl that I really liked is part of the Lobed Bowls by Michel Conroy. It was a very interesting piece. The combination of the odd shape with the warm yellow color on the inside and light green color on the outside was very visually appealing. I’m amazed at how this was made.


No comments:

Post a Comment