Tuesday, April 9, 2013

BLOG # 1

Here are some classic pots that I like that were made in the Jomon period of Japan some 2500 years ago. Wow, that is before Jesus amirite?



This one is so lovely because the texture has a wicker basket quality and I'd just like to walk around through a magical zen garden carrying my pot full of grains and the grooves on the surface would make little indents on my hands.


Another Jomon classic. This one appears to be formed from the brain of the Chestnut Overlord. What makes this one different is that the brain was squeezed into a constrictive girdle because the nut overlord thought his head looked fat. I like that this peice doubles as a container and as a cool hat if you flip it upside-down.

On to contemporary peices:



Thaddeus Erdahl This is by Thaddeus Erdahle and its called Steven A Douglas. This man didn't have lipstick so he quickly sprayed on a line of red spraypaint. He has the baby blue eyes of Ryan Gosling. What I like about it is the decayed wood texture that is showing from underneath, especially at the bust.

Ok, this post is messing up when I post more pictures so: to be continued.





No comments:

Post a Comment