Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Blog III


I thought these plates by Mark Pharis were very neat due to the combination between geometric and abstract shapes. The neutral colors would fit with many color schemes, and add a modern look to a room. I would appreciate a set similar to this in my home.


I really like Liz Zlot Summerfield's work. The colors, textures, and patterns she chooses are original, clean, and attractive. They would add a sense of openness and freshness to a kitchen. This piece stood out to me because of the green stripes complimenting the creaminess of the rest of it. The red beads and gold handle are a nice touch. I would guess that this is a butter dish.


Kristen Kieffer is a great sculptor to create this vase. I enjoy everything about this, from the pale shade of blue, to the carefully curved handles, to the scallop shell lip. The intricate swirls of vines on the surface only heighten the beauty of this piece.



These are more pieces by Lisa Zlot Summerfield. The bottom two are remarkably close to her butter dish, but it is the top two I want to focus on. I like her use of bright, cheery colors and lines. The plates would make good serving trays in the summer time for fruits and the like.

~ Ariella Hillger

No comments:

Post a Comment