Monday, April 1, 2013

Assignment 1

 I thought this was a very interesting piece. It looks sort of like a cup and the coloring makes it look almost bone like. It has a lot of detail and looks difficult to create, especially the parts where it sticks up and such.


 
This boat looked very interesting, but I think it's just because I like boats. I don't know if that's what boats looked like back whenever this was made, but if it was that's pretty cool looking, though I'm not sure how practical.
I appreciate the realism here. It's something that I would assume to very challenging. His eyes are a little odd, and I don't know what sort of tribe he is from, but he looks pretty awesome. The detail of the longer teeth is pretty cool.
This piece is a little confusing, because it's sensual, but at the same time I don't understand the large lump on its neck. I have no idea what that is supposed to be. But the detailing is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment