Saturday, April 6, 2013

BLOG POST 2 : The Center of the Bowl


These Syrian bowls from the 1st century are absolutely gorgeous! The use of Earth-toned colors is beautifully done. Each color and shape look consistent within the group and as a collective whole, the visual aesthetic is pleasing. I LOVE these!!! 
 This bowl from the 1500's records history. I am interested in what people deem important to immortalize in time. The colors are impeccable and the details are stunning; beautiful blue and green tones. Is that real gold along the edges of the bowl?
 
 
 
 
For the contemporary bowls, I chose these simple white bowls. I appreciate the subtleties in the detail on the outside, which only enhances the value. The artist took a simple bowl and elevated it to a sophisticated bowl. I could see myself using these often, for everyday and special occasions.
 
 
 

This lobed bowl by Michel Conroy (2008) is an interesting and unusual  shape. I like the black-ribbed foot and cream-colored exterior. The colors provide a simplistic contrast. I appreciate the complexity in the shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment