Friday, April 26, 2013

Sarah H. #3 - Roll it, Fold it, Dart it

 I liked this piece because it really shows the kind of geometry that hand building can give you as opposed to throwing. I love how wide-set it is and the angular seems.
 I liked this piece because of the overall aesthetic of it - color, design, shape. I'm not really sure, but I'm guessing this was made by darting at the bottom to bring it in.
 I love love loved this pitcher as soon as I saw it. The shape makes me think of a waddling duck, but in an elegant way - not in any way silly. I also like the shape and placement of the handle. I would definitely use this ever day at home if I owned it.
This piece appealed to me because it was so different from the rest of those shown. It's got an antique feel but it also seems very youthful. The corset type waist that I'm guessing was darted has a really cool effect and I dig the two handles but the four feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment