Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sarah H. #2 - Bowls

 These Roman bowls appeal to me because of both their color and shape. All of the colors are great, but I especially love the speckled effect on the red one, though considering the age it may not be original. I also really really like the foot of these - I love bowls that seem like they're on a little platform. Also, I find the rim around the top rather charming. They remind me of vintage pyrex mixing bowls and I love to bake, so thatThis is the bowl I will be drawing on for inspiration in my work for assignment 2.

This Italian bowl has a similar shape to the first, but is very different in overall aesthetic and design. The figures painted around the edge and inside, are in a style I have not had much exposure to but I love the bright vibrant colors.

 I also really like the shape of these - very simple and clean. The monochrome pattern around the outside is also so clean and Mod. These really seem like bowls that you could use (and admire) everyday. 

While these bowls are perhaps a bit less practical for everyday use, they still serve a fun quirky purpose, like pouring pancake batter right into the pan. These bowls also have gorgeous curves, and the pastel colors very soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment