Sunday, January 8, 2012

Top 5 Tips for Throwing

The Top Five Tips for Throwing in my opinion are 2.) find and use equal pressure of the top and side hands to center, I have taken ceramics in high school and I could never get the thickness equal on all sides. 4.) Use gradual pressure on both the initial contact and upon release during centering and pulling, once again this is the area that I need to work on a lot. 6.) Use very little pressure with inside finger or fingers for narrower bowls, I always thought that the pressure was only from the inside fingers in all cases. 7.) Never touch the clay while the wheel isn't spinning, this would cause the clay to become imbalanced and ultimately destroy the piece that is being created. 8.) Maintain consistent speed of the wheel (faster for centering and slower for pulling), keeping the clay uniform while working on different aspects is key so the clay stays consistent in thickness. These five tips I can't wait to attempt to apply in what I'm sure will be a fantastic class.

No comments:

Post a Comment