Monday, January 9, 2012

5 Tips

I believe that the five most important tips are having your hands wet before starting with the clay, using equal weight in the clay balls, never touching the clay when the wheel is not spinning, using a slow and gradual speed when building the walls of the clay up, and applying equal pressure. Trying to throw clay with dry hands would end disastrously because there would be no lubrication to mold the piece of clay how you wish. Touching the clay while the wheel is not spinning would also be bad because it could cause dents or tears that would be hard to fix. I have had very little experience on the wheel, however I have had the misfortune of having the ball of clay fly of the wheel because I applied too much pressure which made the clay lose its center, it's because of this reason that I believe applying a slow, gradual and constant pressure is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment