Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Feet on Bowls



I Love the designs and colors on this bowl by Bernard Leach. My favorite glazes are the speckled ones and this cream speckled is especially cool. The white designs on the outside add a little bit of elegance and just make it more unique. As for the foot, it is small and exaggerated and I love the delicateness it adds to the bowl.







I am attracted to this Shoji Hamada bowl mostly because of the colors and unique glaze job. The rim is interesting and adds dimension because the top of the bowl is super wide compared to the foot which is very small. You could fit a lot of food in this bowl and not realize it because of it's shape.

I like how this Warren Mackenzie bowl has rectangular shapes all around it. It makes the bowl unique and interesting to look at. I also like the colors and the fact that it is orange on the inside with just a hint of orange on the outside. The small foot adds to the bowl and I love how it could possibly even serve as a cup.


 This bowl by Clary Illian is my favorite because of the rim mostly. I love the shape and I can only imagine how difficult it was to get it perfectly symmetrical. The color is interesting and I like how the foot is thicker than some of the other ones we have looked at. It seems more decorative than practical though.
This bowl by Linda Christensen is my second favorite because I love the colors, the shape of the rim and the foot, and the size of the bowl. I could just imagine myself sipping the broth of soup out of this bowl and not spilling it all over myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment