Sunday, January 22, 2012

Research Journal 3-Steph Wood

Artist: Warren MacKenzie, Title: Footed Shino Bowl - click for larger image
Warren Mackenzie
I like the rustic look of this piece. It looks like it has a story to tell with the ages it has seen. Unless it has been made to look old but actually is very new? That's the beauty of creation.

Large Bowl
Bernard Leach
This piece radiates effort to me. I can sense that a lot of time and care was put into the art and shape of it. It's beautifully shaped and looks very clean.


Image 1 : Shoji Hamada bowl
Shoji Hamada
I enjoy the way that this bowl represents different first impressions. For me, I saw a resemblance to a lily pad, for others it's a mushroom or who knows all the images it conjures? It's pleasing to the eye and good for conversation.


Clary Lilian
This bowl is interesting in the way that it looks like a painting pallet. I imagined it being transformed from a pallet to a hard bowl, capturing the colors as they were.


Linda Christensen
I like the detail to the lip of this bowl and how the inside is a different color than the outside. It also appears to be shiny, as it metal has been poured over it. I would enjoy having this in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment