Thursday, January 19, 2012

Samantha Simonson Feet on Bowls

 I really like the small foot on the bowl. It really makes the bowl seem bigger. I also like the texture on the bowl, the speckle glaze makes it look nice.
 On this piece I like the darker glaze that is on the foot of the bowl. I think it gives the bowl a more shadow underneath it.
 Again I like the darker glaze on the bottom of the foot of this bowl. But I also like how that dark detail of the glaze is brought into the rim of the bowl as well.

I like the bowls by Shoji Hamada because the use of the different glaze techniques. They are unique and different. I also like how the glaze looks like it is dripping down into the center of the bowl.
I like the texture on this bowl, I also like that the texture is also added onto the foot of the bowl. The unique shapes of the bowl is also really interesting to look at. I like that there is an old rust look to it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment