Friday, January 6, 2012

Top 11 tips

Since I have a little bit of experience working on the wheel, I know how important every one of these 12 tips are. I think the top 5 would be using equal pressure to center, maintaining gradual speed with hands, maintaining consistent speed of the wheel, use little pressure with fingers when working on the inside of the bowl, and the last tip about using water to keep the clay from twisting and tearing. To me, working on the wheel is all about baby steps and working slower and taking my time has always worked best for me. When I take my time I try to use very little pressure so I can tell the clay is changing, but the change is not so drastic that it's unfixable if I mess up. Unfortunately, most of my experiences on the wheel end with me messing up. The shape is never what I intended and it is usually off center. I really hope this class can help me improve so I can make at least a few things that I'm not embarrassed to have around. So with the help of Stephen and if I keep these tips in mind and remember which ones I think are the most important to me, that shouldn't be a problem. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment