Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Plethora of Bowls

Artist: Chris Baskin

What really speaks to me about this piece is the shapes and colors inside the bowl. The aquamarine blue in the center that fades to a grayish teal is really nice on the eyes. I also like inside the triangular shapes that there's an orange tit so it brings a complimentary aspect. The thick black bold outlines are also really pleasing to look at. The ripples created within the bowl add a great texture to the overall piece.

Artist: Tom Rohr

The neutral reddish colors really stuck out compared to the other bowls I was looking at. Also the overall composition is really pleasing to look at. I like the simplicity of the bowls and the cream color they have. The wider bowls holding them is also really great to look at and I love that red-orange color. The stand is really unique and I love the shape the artist went with to make it. The intricate design really makes the piece pop and the colors picked really brings everything together as a set.





No comments:

Post a Comment