Monday, January 12, 2015

Assignment 1


This platter was created by the artist Jeannie French and the title is Sunrise Platter. This platter caught my attention with the bright colors and abstract look. The use of real texture really interested me especially since it looked liked it came from the glaze. The nontraditional shape of the platter also caught my intention. This piece helped inspire me to sketch out my idea for a platter shown in the picture below.
The artist of this platter is Connie Kiener and is titled Blue Berry. The very intricate design of this piece really interested me. I think the inner and outer borders of the platter create a successful sense of unity within the deign. I also think the bird in the middle of the platter surrounded by white gives the viewer a break from analyzing the extreme detail surrounding the bird. It creates a point of emphasis by centering the bird in the middle of the platter and creating the design around it.
The platter above inspired me to sketch out an oval shaped platter with a simple design in the center and then surrounded by by white. On the outer part of the platter will be a more intricate floral design wrapping around the outer oval shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment