Monday, January 26, 2015

Assignment 2


This is the historical peice made by Harrison McIntosh in 1960. I feel like the patterns n the outside reflect a lot of what patterns were popular back then. There was a lot of bubbly, round, fluid imagery in the 60's and that's shown here. Even in the shape of the bowl, it looks bulbous and hard to hold, like it would just be used for serving or something. This was on AccessCeramics.



These are Hayne Bayless's bowls I got from AccessCeramics. I love the idea of having bowls and dishes of weird shapes, like triangle bowls or square cups. The firing and glaze look beautiful on these. He used a cone 10 temperature with copper glaze and resist. I know we can't really make non-circle bowls on a wheel but I want to make something like these eventually.


This sis a fractal serving dish by Sarah House, also on AccessCeramics. What i love about these is, not only the color and finishes, but that they're really handy. You could use them altogether or each one as an individual bowl (except maybe the smallest bowls). These serve a variety of purposes and probably also take up less space in the cupboard haha.



These are my plans. I don't know what I want to do in terms of decoration, I"ll figure that out along the way. I think it'd be cool to have a big bowl with a little silverware holder for those times when the spoon is too short to lean on it properly and it falls in your food. A lot of this is driven by convenience and use so far, I might just end up doing the tri-point bowls later, I don't know.



No comments:

Post a Comment