Monday, January 26, 2015

Assignment 2 | Kirsten Cox

HISTORIC

Bowl, Ptolemaic Period, ca. 200–150 B.C., Egyptian
The contrasting colors and patterns really stood out. The wave-crest pattern is something I would like to try myself. It is a historically common pattern so there would be opportunities for me to look at different techniques and experiment.

Trophy Bowl, Don Reitz © 1980

This bowl’s intricate and detailed accents along with the organic splashes of colors caught my eye. The gradient colors within the bow are just as interesting as the uniqueness of the outside. This piece is inspirational for our next assignment because of the additions to the handles and rim.


SKETCHES

I want to experiment with shallow bowls and adding handles and/or accents.


my helper

No comments:

Post a Comment