Sunday, January 11, 2015

Assignment 1


I find this plate rather charming. The organic spiral really compliments the roundness of the plate and the square really adds contrast to the curves. The plate itself speaks contrast. The yellowish orange hues bounce off the turquoise quite nicely and the blackish green hues really bring the piece together as does the yellow spiral. 


These cups really caught my eye for the fact that they reminded me of pots you put plants in. The muted colors are really nice on the eyes and the added details within the cups pop and make them unique. I really like the printed stars in the white and blue cups because it reminds me of childhood in some respect. And the worn down effect on the stamped stars are a great touch.


Here are my sketches for the plate and cups. The circles in the plate will be either etched or sculpted in. As will the ridges in the cups. 


No comments:

Post a Comment