Sunday, January 11, 2015

I'd eat off that.

 So while I thought about what we were supposed to do on this thing I kept thinking about what kind of trays would be cool to make. When i saw the example images I noticed that most of the trays were the usual square trays with the handles that food is served off of. i looked on AcessCeramics and typed in the word trays and expected lots of square or big trays for lots of things then I saw Dan Schmitts Olive trays. I didn't think that I could possibly make tray shaped to hold utensils like these chopsticks. they also remind me of bento boxes and how they have so many spots for food to be placed in there so why not do that but maybe make it a sushi platter with a chopstick holder and a space for your wasabi and ginger. The round design would help keep the roll in place and on its side so it can be displayed and not roll off as it would on a flatter surface.
this is pretty much the thing that went into my head and I'd pretty much eat off this.

UPDATE!:

I have used the idea of the drawing that I have done in the above image and changed the idea of it completely due to the fact that I don't know how to make the walls work for the tray. instead I have done this with my cups as well.

  I decided to keep the dish as a pointed oval look but gave it wavy sides to give it a different look compared to the other trays that would be holding side dishes and can be used as plates/bowls for people to hold their food on while eating off of the bigger one. the small cups are that size to be served after every meal. In some asian cultures it is good to help the digestion with a shot of cinnamon water or something to help break down the fattening foods that you have eaten during your meal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment