Sunday, January 11, 2015

Blog Post One

So going into this assignment I knew that I wanted to create something that would be functional and pretty, but could serve multiple purposes.

The first thing I came across was these neat plates by Maren Kloppman. I love that they are both unique pieces on their own they are completely functional and beautiful, but together they make one large piece that flows. I hope to make something along those lines, something that can easily stand on its own, but when it is with the others it makes something different to look at or something that functions differently.

I would build off this, because I also want a piece that actually could fit together in a way, either that fit in with the cups, and have a spot to hold them or that fit together to make one large tray out of smaller trays.

I found these cups that I like by Barry Krzywicki. I really like that they are simple cups with no handle (I don't enjoy handles on cups), and the saucers they are on are also really beautiful and are similar to what I would like to do with my tray (although they would be larger(both the cup and saucer)).

Here are a few sketches of what I was thinking for my cup and (extra large saucer?) trays. 

Obviously not an art student...



No comments:

Post a Comment