Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What is visually intriguing or conceptually fascinating to you?

 I am visually intrigued by textures and patterns, largely the patterns and textures of animals’ skin and fur. There is something so beautiful about how unique each kind of animal is. I love the patterns of cheetahs, giraffes, or zebras, and the textures of alligators, elephants, or snakes.
                It is inspiring to think that so many different types of fur/skin were created naturally, and here we are with the ability to create all types of patterns.  To me finding a way to incorporate these different animalistic features into my pottery would be awesome.
                Another thing about animals that is visually stimulating is the wide variety of colors that they present. Animals display such a wide variety of shape, texture, color, sound, and ability. It is so cool how different each one is. So I guess I am inspired by animals and their actions.
                As cheesy as it sounds my own cat has been my inspiration for several things I have done in my life, so I guess it makes sense that I would be artistically inspired by him as well as all other types of animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment