Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is intriguing and fascinating to me

Simplistic but intricate art seems to interest me the most. I looked around artaxis.org at the very many different types of artists, and artwork and found that the ones that truly caught my eyes the most were the ones that began as a simple idea but blossomed into an intricate, complex work of art.


The first piece that really caught my eye was this one, which is titled “Guardians” and it is made by Sarah Bernard-Blitz. I like it because the structure looks like something anyone can do, however; I know that it’s not nearly as simple as it looks. The intertwining of the “branches” or whatever they are meant to be is where the piece becomes more complex. Each branch is strategically placed.



This piece, by Maragaret Bohls, is a green leaf tea set made out of porcelain. I really like this tea set and all of the pieces she has displayed because they all have the same textured design pattern, which I really like. The difference in textures gives the pieces character and personality.


























The two final pieces are by Dave Hicks. I really think his art is fascinating because it’s a lot more abstract. The hanging idea is very cool, and he didn’t choose to glaze his work, he kept it raw and natural which gives it more personality in my opinion. Overall I think ceramics is very intriguing and fascinating however you choose to do it because no matter what your work displays your artist opinion, and no matter how many times someone may try to copy you or reiterate what you’ve done, you can never truly make the same thing twice.



These images and artists were found on artaxis.org

2 comments: