Friday, February 8, 2013

Box

This is a gold and enamel box from France, circa 1875. I chose this because it is a beautiful piece and I like the French style from this time period. I also really like the inlay work in the floral print and on the inside. The shape is unique and interesting, it adds to the effect of the piece overall. I like the beading around the lid and the brightness of the colors. The shape might be difficult to do in clay for this project but is definitely something to look into for future works. 



A Korean cosmetic box from the 18th century. Its made of lacquer, mother of pearl and tortoise shell inlays. I like the mix of simplicity in the box itself and intricacy in the inlay and design. I really like the contrast between the black box and the bright inlays.  
This is a contemporary porcelain serving dish. The mint green color looks nice with the design and I like the leaves and quilted pattern. The handles and feet look really good with this piece. It looks like it could be a cake or something edible. An Art teacher was told me that you know art looks good when you want to taste it.

This is another Kristen Kieffer piece. I really like her style and the way she decorates her pieces. I recognized this piece as hers immediately, with the color, design style, and clean edges. I like that the lid fits inside the box and is domed on top. that might be something interesting to try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment