Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Big La Bowl Ski


213.jpg  This piece by Linda Arbuckle I really like because the bottom of the cup isn't a typical introverted foot. It is protruding out from the cup and gives it a completely different look.












4884.jpg


 Another contemporary piece that I found interesting was that of Masayoshi oya. It is very different from the previous piece, however, is just as unique. The very small foot on this bowl makes it seem delicate while the coloring makes it seem strong. The contrast between the two is very appealing.










hb_63.159.4_av1.jpg

This historic piece caught my eye because of the simplicity of it. Its nothing too special in my opinion but the curvature, lip, and foot of the bowl all work together quite nicely.





h2_91.1.226.jpg
I think this bowl is so cool looking. I love the glazing on it. The foot of this item is also interest because it looks like it is cut twice into the bowl. Also the slight indentation of the lip makes it seem comfortable to to drink from. 










No comments:

Post a Comment