Monday, February 4, 2013

Assignment 4


 I like this tea bowl from Japan in arounf 1516-1592 by Tanaka Chojiro.  It is not thrown but hand built.  I like that even though it is hand built there is still a foot added to it.

I like the tea bowl from the Fujian Province of China during the Song Dynasty.  For this tea bowl sides are more gradually brought into the foot unlike the one above, I like the look of this better.  










  I like this pitcher because of the color and fruit on the sides.  I also like how to foot doesn't look like it was trimmed out but like it was originally thrown like that because of the smooth line.
These are my favorite bowls.  I like the complementing colors and how they are negative reflections.  Also I like the square shape and how the feet are also squared off.

No comments:

Post a Comment