Thursday, February 14, 2013

Coffee or Tea


I chose this historic ivory cup from the 1600's. It is German style and i chose it because I like the interesting shape and the texture created on the surface. Its not ceramic but i like the ornate silver gilding and the style of the foot is very attractive. 


I chose this piece from the 1400's because I live the detail on the surface. Again it has an interesting shape and I like that the foot is shaped as well. I think the larger foot with the gilded accents help balance the piece and prevent it from being too top-heavy. 


I like this piece because it is different and interesting. The cup itself looks like a tulip and I like the style of the glaze. The foot is nicely done as well and I like how it is in rings. I is much bigger than it appears, four inches tall and wide. 


The main reason i chose this piece was because the color drew my attention, but the more i look at it the more interesting it is. I like how the pieces have rings around the middle (of the pitcher) that match the foot on the base. Then I like the checkered pattern that is behind the rings. The paint on the checkered patterns has a weird grungy texture, making it look more like tiles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment