Monday, February 4, 2013

Big La Bowl Ski



This tea bowl really interests me for how rough it looks. It might have been this way because it is molded rather than thrown on a wheel. The nonperfectness of it appeals to me a lot. I also like how drastically smaller the foot is than the rest of the bowl, it gives a neat three-dimensional aspect to the profile of the piece.



This bowl from new mexico has a very nice design of two rabbits (one on the inside of the bowl as well). The slightly abstract images are really fun. The lines that swirl around the bowl give a good motion to the picture. There don't appear to be feet on this bowl



Here is a bowl by Shawn Spangler might be impractical if you want a bowl of Cheerios, but if you're looking for an interesting decoration this might be it. The bright contrast in the colors are always a plus with me. The Nilla Waffer-like disks on top aren't seen in most bowls. It also can act as a lampshade when flipped upside down



This thrown tea pot by Linda Arbuckle is my favorite of the bowls I've seen today. I love the bright colors, the quirky design, and the dark handle/spout/feet. The foot on the pot/bowl is very smooth and uniform; as is the whole tea pot. The art style on the fruit remind me of Winnie The Pooh. That's always a plus

No comments:

Post a Comment