Monday, February 4, 2013

Blog #4




I really liked this bowl when I saw it, the way the handles are painted as the leaves is really cool. Fall is one of my favorite seasons so I'm really partial to amber colored leaves.


I really liked the almost symmetry of this bowl, it's not totally symmetrical but I really like how the design is split in the middle and doubled, I thought it was really petroglyph looking and I love that.

http://artaxis.org/ceramics/spangler_shawn/shawn_spangler/8(2)(2).jpg
This bowl really stood out to me, maybe because it is so clearly not for liquids but more for a decorative bowl. I really liked the curved shapes at the top.


These bowls were probably my favorite out of the ones I saw. I just love the simplistic design and the shape, they're not perfect and really seem like tea bowls to me.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/images/h2/h2_1978.412.118.jpg
    This bowl reminds me of an indian bowl that may have been symbolism for the sacrifice of animals which provided them with their food. I'm not sure why there are holes located in the middle of the bowl but my guess would be it was used for some sort of drainage. Beautiful bowl though I really feel the history of it.

    ReplyDelete