Friday, February 1, 2013

The Big La Bowl ski


 
These two contemporary bowls look contemporary and elegant, yet also simple and fun. I like the use of few bright colors against a neutral base. 
These bowls are very pretty. I love the stamped pattern and the fall colors. They remind me of baroque style architecture. The feet on these fits the style nicely, like the base of a decorative column. 

A tea bowl from the Song dynasty in China. I like the texture of the glaze and the sheen that makes it look almost metal. The foot is simple but looks clean, it looks oddly elongated to me because of the bulge of glaze above it. 

This bowl is from the 9th century, nothing has changed much about bowls since then. I like the style of the lip and the simple quality of the base. The painting is a nice, simple design and i like the blue on white.
 (the inside view)


No comments:

Post a Comment