Saturday, January 26, 2013

Roll it, Fold it, Dart it

I love the texture Liz Zlot Summerfield has created on these pieces and it works very well with the colors. I would like to try something similar in my own pieces. I also like the accents of red in asymmetrical places.

This piece is absolutely stunning. I am impressed with the amount of intricate detail on the surface and like how the piece is made to resemble a corset. I think the soft blue color works with the embossed design and makes the texture reminiscent of lace. 

Another Summerfield piece, she did several of these styled pieces. This one and a very similar blue one were my favorite. I like the stripes on the side, which are hard to see on this piece but are more apparent on the blue version. The red accents here remind me of winter berries and i like the little handle on top. 

Like the corset style piece above this is made by Kristen Kieffer. Her work is amazing. She does intricate designs on pretty much all of her work and its a style I really like. The pillowing technique works well her with the other pattern. I read how she creates her soft lines, using slip and a trailer (like cake decorating). She does several layers to add visual depth and tactile interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment