Monday, January 21, 2013

Bowls

I have found several bowls which are inspiring me with my own.

This bowl I like because of the words on the inside. I think script is very aesthetically pleasing regardless of what the words say. I also like the shape of the bowl, although this bowl doesn't have a footing that we can see.

I think this bowl for two reasons. 1 is that I love the shape and the texture on the outide and how smooth the inside is. I think this bowl looks like something I could try to recreate as good practice for my throwing. I also like that instead of just a glaze, the bowl is painted. I think I would like to paint my bowls with thicker colors than just glazing them. I don't like the look of drips and overlapping glazes so I think I will be very careful with glazing/maybe painting.
This plate/bowl is my favorite I have found. I like the pattern and that it's very simple but still very creative and unique. I also like that this bowl has a pattern done in glazes (I think, I don't actually know for sure). I also really like that even though it is a plate, the edges are pulled up so it could be used to hold more soupy dishes.
This last bowl I just love. Even though it has the dripping glaze effect I don't like, I just love it! I really like the color scheme. But this bowl I think is the ideal shape for a bowl. It's deep and not super wide. It's perfect for any soupy dish because you can eat or drink out of it. I think the lip could be a bit smoother but that is my only criticism about its shape. It looks very doable and I plan to model a few of my later and better bowls after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment