Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Getting my head togeather



The contemporary figures both have more of a life like quality to them, which I like. The old man seems very real and very creepy where as the other figure is smoothed over in a way that he seems to be coming up from oil. Smooth and life like texture is something I will try when making my own clay figure.



These historic clay figures are very different. I really like the bug eyed Jomon figure, seems like a brutal warrior that will not back down from anything. The Haniwa figure is very simplistic, with only the basic elements to produce a face, the simplicity of that one is something I would like to stay away from when I make my clay figure and go for something a little more detailed and crazy like the Jomon figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment