Monday, January 14, 2013

Blog 1









https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgcSNitJZFDluv8FOyoQ1SkKZSZZ-26BFuNna4cdDzTWgZNGLxrlIVD-c4qAI0_4I0FurA4R93TKLczpgxRIn1rNRdNjStKwIUw8KsefyDZdODXOEAeng2Q2SRQMhJYkwIIHOj8SRDK_pPe/s400/Haniwa+Boar.jpg
Haniwa Boar Form

This piece really caught my eye because of it's abstractness. The title calls it Boar form but I can see so much more in it, it is very sea creature-like, not much in the way of color but I think that helps make it more "diverse" for lack of a better word.

Haniwa Horse

I really enjoy this piece, if not for my love of horses, simply for the detail in the tack. The figure looks like it may have been made for a child, a plaything of sorts, but even so the creator really took the time to make the bridle and the rest very detailed.





http://opp-m.com/4/4/3/19443/assets/GhwAAmxDJqDtnJSr.jpg

Deafening

This piece really caught my eye, it is quite realistic and just so full of character. This man is clearly old but he has so much life in him, he is thrilled and it is very obvious in his face.


http://opp-m.com/4/4/3/19443/assets/cV4nRjpl8AS6mkG1.jpg

King

I like this piece because of the texture you can see in the face, I'm not sure if that's really textured or if it is just made to look that way but you can see on his forehead how it looks sort of leathery and almost reptile like. I also really think the expression is good. He looks as if he is contemplating something important, although the importance of the thought may be assumed because of the crown on his head.



















No comments:

Post a Comment