Sunday, January 13, 2013

assignment 1


I picked this piece because I like the detail on the pot. The detail looks like a cloth was stitched around the pot. I found the top to be interesting too because it looks like string hanging down.

 Haniwa
I picked these pieces because of the worn and old look they have.  The cracks give these pots character, making them look like they have been used so much that they started to break down. I would like to get this look on my bowls.

Tanya Batura
MonochromaF2 by Tanya Batura
I like this piece because of the sleekness of the clay. Also, I like how the face is emerging from what looks like a puddle of himself. That is what makes this piece so interesting and creates a story behind the man coming out of that mass.

Tip Toland
Deafening by Tip Toland
This piece makes me smile every time. The expression that is being expressed in this piece is so powerful and shows so much life. The wrinkles around his eyes were done very well, and it lets us know that he's had a long and happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment