Monday, January 28, 2013

Blog 3




https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEijzK2hbt5hJJJLAeXYQKj5C22vZoNE63s1BDMvDWa4ONxgRBcXkWP6OHv7xcI70GLORRIsXF8ATxU_kr0SxY0RiUtSs8RAqeNUcrRYGMoK8lraKzfEKPSmVnuGB2GYKFiEWOH_zAKYd7Y/s320/Mark_Pharis_Small_Plates_whiteblack_yellow_1105_340.jpg 
These plates really caught my eye, I really like the geometrical shapes and angles that Mark Pharis used here.


I think that the use of detail in Kristen Kieffer's work really makes it look more antique-like and it's very beautiful.



I also really like this piece of Kristen Kieffer, it reminds me of a hot air balloon basket which I like, but I think my favorite part is just the daintiness of the handle, it looks so delicate while the base itself looks much heavier.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEigNcA-paxZfZP8rRCkzjMZKpvo7M1aHAKqXSLWii8rmiMW6WKDZKg7-DNHrLTS5awphrsJQbx_QIBl74Q6N751uSY0yZ1xtxqgQlaDO-SMvP9BFHJCVaWotUhD826uvLn2s6gZpvLVxUQ/s320/oribe_mino_tebachi.jpg
I thought this piece by Oribe was very interesting, it's shape is quite strange and it looks almost like it should be used for carrying something but also looks like it would be difficult to do so because of it's shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment