Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jus one more step 'tween me an my tea.






After a long day (or week) of school work, theres nothing more that i enjoy than a bit of candle light, a nice Amish woven blanket, a steamy herb-salt foot bath, Lionel Richie on the juke, and a nice hot cup of tea. But before i take that first sip, i like to breath in and fill my lungs with the sweet botanical aroma, but before that comes the touch. To hold that cup of tea in my palms, and have its warmth bleed throughout my entire being.

This is the very essence of the handle-less cups we use today. Why put a handle on something that is made to rest in your hands? Granted even when i drink from a coffee mug, my fingers shoot through the handle as it rests around my knuckles for a bit of added security, seeing as i am often short on time, i will combine my morning coffee with my morning aerobics routine.

In short, although they have their time and place, putting a handle on a cup can often be like wrapping a towel around your sandwich. Sure, your cherub tomatoes all stay happily within the walls of the sammy blanket, but it creates a barrier between me and my Donna. (i name every one of my sandwiches)

1 comment: