Monday, October 10, 2011

I feel like bowls may just be my calling. While attempting to make cups, I made bowls at first then turned them into cups. I am not quite sure if that is how I was supposed to do but that was how it happened. As I researched many bowls, I found some interesting pieces.











Colors stand out to me more than anything. I have always seen your average white bowl so when a bowl is a more flamboyant color or just not a shade you see all the time, I am interested in that work













I am also intrigued by shapes ant designs. I loved this bowl when I saw it because of the bottom. The bowl rests on a curvy ring and I have not seen that yet before.





















These bowls seem more rustic and natural. It has a texture which stands out to me. I also like the lines on the inside that look like they were put there on the wheel. The artist kept the natural texture.











As I said before, I am interested in different shapes. These blows are interestingly awkward and I love it. Bowls are always shaped like half circles so when I see a different shape, it catches my eye.






1 comment: