Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bowls-- Tessa Holt




This bowl looks so different when you look at it from the different angles and I really like that about it. Its weird to me though, that it almost looks like it was made in two parts? Like if you look at the bottom it seems like the foot is somehow attached differently than the top. What I don't like about these bowls is that they don't seem all to functional. Like the design work is pretty why would you want to cover it with food or anything like that.



I really like these bowls because they are simple yet functional. They do however look kind of thick? Maybe thats just the way the lighting is hitting them, but the clay looks like it was made thicker on these bowls than the once before it, which gives it the more durable look to it.

I guess this all says a lot about my tastes. I personally like the designs that are interesting, yet still functional. If I am going to pay money for a set of bowls, I want to be able to use them, not just put them in a display cabinet to never be touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment