Monday, May 14, 2012

Assignment #3, Bowls


Abigail Woods Anderson

I really like the texture and glaze of this bowl. The bowls form is very deep and simple, my favorite style. I think the porous texture adds to the personality of the bowl. Without the texture or the cool patina, this bowl would just be boring. I chose this bowl because the bowl is simple...I can do simple...but if I take time on the glaze and texture, then my bowl can be magnificent like this one.


I think these bowls are the coolest things ever!! I have worked with clay and shattered glass before and it usually turns out beautiful. I think it would be cool to try something like this. Other than the glass, I enjoy the swirl inside and how the glaze isn't even . Everything works together perfectly.



Sheila Sullivan-Corbitt

Along with the first bowl I talked about, this simple bowl is made interesting with its glaze. I want to do a set of bowls with a dipped runny look to it. I like the dark inside, it gives the bowls a more richer character.


Sophie Milne

These bowls are the complete opposite of the rest, this is why I chose the picture. I want to do a couple bowls with a matte glaze, and definitely try to scrape away designs. I also think that the matte glazes go better with a more open bowl like these are.

No comments:

Post a Comment