Sunday, February 22, 2015

C U P S


These are a couple cups I found on Access Ceramics, made by Emily Schroeder Willis. I really like the lighter color scheme of these cups, and also the texture. The handles seem a little bit small for my liking, but I like how the bottom of the foot is constructed. the line and dot details is something I find very attractive, these cups would be good for everyday use for either coffee or tea.
I also found these cups on Access Ceramics, and they were made by Victoria Christen. I don't like the darker color scheme of these cups, but I really like the shape of them and the size of the handles. I want to do a similar style of cups to these, but maybe a bit taller and have a smooth outer layer, unlike these ones. I will also make them much brighter like the first cups.

I thought this was a very interesting handle for a cup, made by John Oles. I am not going to attempt making a handle like this, but I just thought I would put it in the post because I really appreciate his design, and wouldn't mind owning a cup like this one day.

For my cups, I want to have a practical and simple design. I want them to be like tall coffee mugs that people could use every morning with breakfast. They will have a lighter color scheme, with few details, and maybe some texture on the outside.









No comments:

Post a Comment