Monday, February 9, 2015

Asignment 3- The Rhytons



This piece was titled "Athenian rhyton Museo di archeologia ligure" and the artist is Genova. The link to find this picture is: http://www.iranchamber.com/history/articles/persian_influence_on_greece2.php#sthash.0mNwux94.dpuf
This rhyton cup interested me because unlike the other images of the cups were not sitting upright like this ram. I was also intrigued by the gold slip images around the top f the cup.

 
I found this image from the Google search page which led me to the tumblr page of Greek Rhyton. Unfortunately, the name of the artist is not listed but you can find the image at:
 https://www.tumblr.com/search/greek%20rhyton
I was interested in this piece because instead of using an animals head for the cup, this artist used a claw with a unique handle placement and opening for the cup.



The designs I found inspired me to draw these two designs. I want to make a horse hoof cup the is usable with a handle on each side. I also want to make a giraffe head cup that is usable with one handle. I will use different colored slips like black and brown to help render my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment