Monday, February 9, 2015

great whytons

 Looking at all of these rhytons on the Link provided on the syllabus, I noticed a lot of them are of land animals or have 4 legged animals used as the subject matter. For example this rhyton is of a claw probably from a lobster or some sort of crustacean but on it is a horse painted on the side of the claw. So it has a watery influence with the claw but it goes back to these land animals that seem to be so popular.

SOOOOOOOOOO...I decided to maybe make something based off a fish of some sort. Apparently great white sharks and some species of hammer head are considered either endangered or under close watch because theyre close to becoming an endangered species. I liked how some of the rhytons balanced on the animal form or had a slight curve but I was not sure if I should try out that curve and just make it a single tube with an animal head/body a the end. Its either I dont add a shark fin which is usually the cause of them being hunted to endangerment or I make the neck of the rhyton longer allowing more liquid to fill it up and allowing the shark to have some sort of body on the Rhyton form.

No comments:

Post a Comment