Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cup Assignment


These cups were created by the artist Elaine Buss and can be found at http://accessceramics.org/results/object/2/ The cups made by Buss really intrigued me because of the unique shape of the cups. I like how the cups have the same shape, but vary in height. I also think the use of color and abstract shapes are very successful.

 
This piece was made by the artist Tom Hoffman and can be found at http://accessceramics.org/results/object/2/ I was interested in this cup because of the traditional handle shape with a thick top and thin bottom.The basic shape of the cup also inspired me to try and do a similar simple form of the cup and then add a design to the cup using colored slip and glaze.



The two artists inspired me to create these sketches of cup designs. I want to learn consistency through making the same basic shape cup and then adding a design with colored slip. I also want to attach a thick at top and thin at the bottom handle to the basic shape cups. In addition, I want to learn variation in size so I want to create cups that are wide at the bottom and curve back in, then curve out at the lip. I want to create these cups in different sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment