Sunday, February 22, 2015

Cuppa what?

I love cups. It is an obsession. I have tons of cheesy tourist mugs, glasses, tumblers, starbucks cups, I even have little cups for espresso. As you can probably guess I am a bit excited for this assignment. I also love nature (and my horse) and all the places that we have been together. Nature and the colors in nature influence a lot of my style choices. When I clicked into access ceramics these mugs were the first ones I saw and I fell in love. How could you not? I love the colors, the shape, the design. I don't particularly enjoy handles on cups, so these are really perfect for me.
"Three Cups" Wheel Thrown by Kalika Bowlby 
However, because part of the assignment is handles here are some more awesome cups that do indeed have handles. Both of these cups are by Simon Levin. I love the earthy tones and the "belly" shape of the cups. I also like the petite handle that looks like it would be great for one finger, but that it wouldn't be uncomfortable to hold in your hand. (Not finished until it's in the hand right?)


I really hope to make some of those tall cups (the blueish greenish ones) and maybe a pair of the smaller belly shaped cups. Here are some haphazard cup ideas I drew. 


No comments:

Post a Comment