Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Rhytons

I had a difficult time finding any rhytons on the sites provided in the syllabus 


The design of this rhyton really stood out to me, Mostly due to the fact that instead of just a head of an animal its the front part. The attention to detail is really evident throughout the piece and I enjoy the stylization used on the antlers. 


This rhyton is much more beat up than the prior one but you can still clearly see what it is supposed to be. I like how this rhyton has a handle rather than just being a baseless cup. The angle from which the cup is coming out of the dog's head is interesting and I like the lip on it. 


For my first rhyton I'm going to make an Ethiopian Wolf 



My other rhyton is going to be a female Eld's Deer



No comments:

Post a Comment