Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blog Post #1, Beth Martinen




Thaddeus Erdahl, on Jacob Foran’s website is such a neat figure.  I enjoyed seeing the entire range of sculptures on this sight.  This particular piece I enjoyed how the features such as the lips and eyes are colored and the hair is darkened, making them jump of the page towards you.  This piece reminds me of the “Joker.” I like how the artist sculpted the face and how realistic the piece looks.  I like how the sculptor infused  “rawness” at the base of the neck and chest area and how it forms up to face.  Great dimension is in this piece.




”MonochormaF2, ” is a figure. I love how the entire sculpture melts into itself and the choice of color for the entire piece creates a very strong masculine nature.  This is a very different piece compared to the other ones on the site.  I love how different it is from any other that I have ever seen.


 This Jomon tall form is very cool. I love the texture of this historic ceramic. I found this to be the most visually pleasing to me. I like how the top flares out and the detail the top has. From the picture you can see the great detail this piece has and I think of the great patience one must had to have to create this!




This Jomon piece stood out to me, because it looked very different from the rest. This was simplest in intricate detail but that is why I chose it.  Sometimes the simplest things are the best things.  I like the pattern that is on this piece as well as the tiny “handles,” is what I would call them they give visual aid to the piece.





Overall, I am very excited for this course! Hopefully we all can learn, practice and appreciate the wonderful skills we are going to be taught! 

No comments:

Post a Comment