Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blog I


I really liked these sculptures, they are really interesting to me but I am having a hard time explaining why. But when I saw them, I thought to myself "Wow." I think I like them because they are a really simple design, but the cut out circles make them really dynamic. I also love how they look like they were broken almost and put back together. It is a really cool effect.



I also chose this piece, but for a whole different reason. I chose this one because it looks so unbelievably complex and has so much fine detail to it. I love how it looks likes almost like a monster or something very powerful. It is very beautiful.




I have seen this sculpture before and it truly amazed me. It is so realistic and yet somehow a bit cartoonish, and it is a creepy old man, so it sort of creeps me out. BUT, it is so amazing. I love the detail that they got in not only the sculpting aspects of the wrinkles and the bone structure, but also in the paint job. It is spectacular.



Last but not least, I chose this one. I was drawn to this one because of the color at first, but then I really liked it because of how strange it is. I like that there isn't a lot of detail on the face, but it is focusing more on the teeth and the colors. I also thought the strange loopy point was pretty fun on the top of his head. 



No comments:

Post a Comment